The HCEMM Cancer genomics and epigenetics Research Group (lead by Lorinc Pongor, Ph.D) is looking for highly motivated individuals to join the lab as PhD students (2 open positions), focusing on bioinformatics analyses.
Selected members would perform sequencing data analysis of high throughput sequencing data (RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, ChIP-seq, DNA methylation and other data) as well as visualize and interpret generated results. The team is doing translational research related to Small Cell Lung Cancer (SCLC), focusing on genomic and epigenetic changes related to tumor evolution. The project runs in the frame of HCEMM (Hungarian Centre for Excellence in Molecular Medicine, Szeged, Hungary), which is associated with several Hungarian and European institutions, and in collaboration with the EMBL network. Based on this partnership, there are opportunities for participating on educational programs and international cooperations.
• Sequencing data analysis
• Developing analysis pipelines
• Perform statistical analyses
• Visualize and interpret data
• Experience in experimental work or computational work
• English knowledge at least intermediate level (written and oral)
• Good collaborative skills
• Programming experience (R, python, perl, bash)
• Experience in HPC computing
• Experience in bioinformatics, computational biology or equivalent fields
Location: H-6728 Szeged, Budapesti út 9.
Applicant should submit a cover letter and a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org