We dedicate the most frequently asked questions and their answers section to our prospective students who may find answers to the many questions that go through an applicants head while the process of application.
1. How can I Apply for the University of Szeged?
Please have a look at the list of our offered programmes here.
Once you have chosen the program of your interest you can press on the online application button which you can find on each of the programs description page.
The process of application to the University of Szeged happens via the DreamApply online application platform which is dedicated for prospective students.
- Once you made up your mind about applying, click ’Become an Applicant’ on the top right corner of the application platform.
- Click on the 'Online application' button on the corresponding page of the programme you intend to apply for.
- Fill in the form and upload the required documents. Do check the requirements indicated in the programme description, such as language requirements, preliminary studies, etc.
- Contact the coordinator of the relevant programme in case of any question.
2. What documents do I need to upload?
Please bear in mind that application requirements (including the required documents) vary upon programmes. As a result it is always important to consult the programme description for further information.
-Documents required by SZTE are usually the followings:
Copy of passport, Certificate of previous studies in English (High School, Undergraduate, Graduate), Proof of language proficiency (attention – some faculties only accept international language exams, such as IELTS or TOEFL).
-Documents required by the Programme: CV, motivational letter, reference letter, medical records.
3. What if I upload an irrelevant document?
In case you upload an irrelevant document you will be notified by our admission colleagues and you will be reminded to upload the relevant document automatically by the system.
4. Do I need to upload English Translation?
You will always have to submit English translation of the original documents as English is the official language of administration regarding foreign students’ affairs.
5. What happens if I have lost my ID/Passport during my application process?
In the case that a student loses his/her official documentation after they have submitted them to the DreamApply system during the application process, they are requested to immediately inform the faculty which they have applied for and provide their new documentation for the faculty also upload them to the DreamApply and update their new ID in the required fields.
6. How can I pay the application fee?
a.First of all, you need to consult the ‘Invoice’ generated by the system. It indicates the amounts and currency to be paid.
b.Choose your payment method. You can learn about the payment methods here.
c.Please make sure to pay the application fee in the required currency, otherwise your payment will not be identifiable.
d.In the case of a bank/wire transfer, please make sure to have both SWIFT codes indicated and the name of the corresponding bank. (E.g. Corresponding Bank: Hungarian National Bank, SWIFT code: MANEHUHB) as it is not possible to transfer money directly to the Hungarian State Treasury.
e.Please note that the commission fee charges has to be paid by the applicant. Therefore, it is important to consult your bank regarding this matter.
In case you start initiating the transfer, you will need to type the bank account number to the relevant field and the system should recognize the name of the bank: Hungarian State Treasury – in this case HUSTHUHB is the SWIFT code you need to use.
In case another name is recognized (Hungarian National Bank = Magyar Nemzeti Bank [MNB] Bank is the other one) the other SWIFT code, MANEHUHB is needed. Both of these codes and data were indicated in your Invoice section on DreamApply.
7. I got a notification of being indebted with a certain amount of money, however, I have already paid the entrance examination fee / tuition fee. What might have happened?
Sometimes banks charge a transaction fee on your money transfer, as a consequence money to be transferred will be deducted. Always consult your bank in advance if there is any transaction fee so that you can calculate with the proper amount; otherwise you will have to repeat the process and settle the remaining fee as your application / admission will not be complete without paying the whole fee.
8. When will I get a notification regarding the entrance examination?
Once the technical check on your documents is finished and they both met formal and substantive requirements, you will be automatically notified by our colleagues, so we suggest that you check your mailbox and your Dream Apply account on a daily basis. We kindly ask you to wait patiently and we will contact you as soon as it becomes possible.
10. How to contact my faculty or the program coordinator?
Remember that you can find all the relevant information regarding your chosen program including the contact person via this link.
11. How do I get my visa? When will I get my visa?
After you have received an acceptance letter from the University of Szeged, the tuition fee of the chosen program must be paid. Then each student must contact his/her own embassy in order to start the procedure of getting a visa. For more information and guidance please visit the university of Szeged’s website and have a look at the before you arrive to Szeged section.
12. Is it okay if I come one week later because of the visa?
All students must arrive to Szeged and be present at the beginning of each semester of their program. In the case of emergency situations please contact your Faculty and keep them informed about your situation.
13. Can I transfer my credits from another university to the University of Szeged?
Transferring credits differs and varies from faculty to another therefore please visit the faculties’ website and check the section which talks about transferring credits also please make sure to contact your faculty coordinator.
14. What bachelor degrees do you have at the university?
You can learn about the Bachelor programmes offered at the University of Szeged via this link.
15. What type of master studies do you have the university?
You can learn about the Master programmes offered at the University of Szeged via this link.
16. How can I find accommodation? Can you help me find accommodation?
Those who have been awarded with a governmental scholarship will be offered a place in a dormitory or financial aid for renting a flat.
It is indicated on the Letter of Admission that 'Assistance in finding permanent accommodation can be provided on request after arrival'. This means you will be provided with the necessary assistance to find a place to live if you request for it.
17. Can I get a scholarship? How can I apply or get scholarship?
For each semester of studies there are specific dates and deadlines to apply for the offered scholarships at the University of Szeged. Therefore we recommend you to keep an eye on the University of Szeged’s official platforms as it will be announced on Facebook and it will be announced on SZTE’s website. Visit this webpage to learn about these scholarship opportunities.
18. It is possible to apply for an academic year starting in February?
The starting of each semester varies from one faculty to another, in the case of few faculties it is possible and can be an option whereas in others it is not an option. Please visit the University of Szeged’s official platforms to have all the necessary information.