The European University Alliance for Global Health (EUGLOH) brings together 9 universities from across Europe. Combining their outstanding expertise in Global Health, EUGLOH aims to build a European University in the future including joint training programs, research activities and campus life.
EUGLOH is not physically located in one place but it is a cooperation between universities in Paris, France (Université Paris-Saclay), Lund, Sweden (Lund University), Munich, Germany (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München), Porto, Portugal (Universidade do Porto) Szeged, Hungary (University of Szeged), Novi Sad, Serbia (University of Novi Sad), Alcalá de Henares, Spain, (Alcalá University), Hamburg, Germany, (Universität Hamburg) and Tromso, Norway, (UiT The Arctic University of Norway).
EUGLOH’s visions and objectives are:
- Training the future generations of European innovators, practitioners, experts and leaders serving all sectors of the society, ready to face interdisciplinary societal challenges related to Global Health
- Becoming a world-class higher education alliance focused on Global Health and well-being challenges
- Promoting European values, such as solidarity, equality of opportunities, inclusiveness, respect for human rights and full access to welfare
- Setting the foundation of a common European health area
- Building a European campus with a high level of integration sustained by joint procedures and structures
- Boosting attractiveness and competitiveness of European higher education, research and innovation
For more information, visit EUGLOH’s website.
The unique network is characterised by:
- Long-lasting collaboration in higher education and research
- Extensive expertise in a variety of fields related to Global Health
- Unique set of large-scale infrastructures
- Strong research and socio-economic ecosystems
- Broad geographic and cultural diversity
Based on their complementary expertise and outstanding research resources in Global Health, the nine universities united in EUGLOH are driven by the common goal to offer excellent education and training to future generations of European leaders, innovators, experts and practitioners.
To this end, EUGLOH sets up a broad range of different study and mobility programmes catering to the individual needs and interests of their students and staff.
There's a contsant offer of various courses, events, mobilities and programmes available for students of various levels in all EUGLOH partner universities.
Students play an important role in the life of EUGLOH. Besides being its target audience, the students are also a part of EUGLOH's governance. The Student Board is one of EUGLOH's key bodies, which fully consists of students. Each work package benefits from the presence of their dedicated students, who are active participants at each meeting and represent the view and opinion of students in general. The EUGLOH Student Board holds regular meetings to assess and discuss ongoing topics in each EUGLOH Work Package.
Meet the Student Board members of the University of Szeged:
You can download the University of Szeged EUGLOH newsletters to learn about the institutions involvement in the project, achievements, future possibilities and many other useful information.
- Consolidate synergies within EUGLOH's joint strategy by developing a Research and Innovation agenda.
- Enhance the excellence and visibility of the Alliance across the different dimensions of education, research, innovation and societal development.
- Pave the way to develop an innovative agenda of institutional transformation aiming to impact future similar cross-sectoral endeavours.
- Contribute to securing the influence and significance of the Alliance's long-term plan to set the foundation of a common European health area.
- Contribute to tackling Global Health challenges generating adequate conditions for the sustainable development of the "Research and Innovation" dimension.
- Provide best practice models of transnational and cross-sectoral institutional cooperation for future European programs and projects.