The ELISS 2018 is the third edition of the ELI Summer School series and its main goal is to provide young fellows with a comprehensive overview on the field of the generation and application of intense lasers pulses. The Summer School will be held on 27-31th August 2018, deadline for application is 27th July 2018.
The lectures will devote large emphasis to the generation of secondary radiation sources extending from the THz to the X-ray and Gamma-ray spectral, as well as to the generation and acceleration of particle beams. The wide range of applications, going from cultural heritage to the investigation of nuclear physics will be also a central topic of the lectures.
The school will be organized in five days at the ELI-ALPS research facility, with two poster sessions. A social dinner will be organized to foster communication between the participants to the school.
• High-power ultrashort lasers
• Generation and applications of intense THz radiation
• Generation and amplification of ultra-short laser pulses
• Generation of bright coherent and incoherent X-ray pulses using short pulse lasers
• Ultrafast imaging techniques with short x-ray pulses
• Particle acceleration and applications
• Plasma Physics
• Laser matter interaction at ultra-high intensities
• Generation and application of attosecond pulses
• Nuclear Physics with intense lasers
Daniele Brida, Georg Korn, Fabian Langer, Daniel Ursescu and Károly Osvay are confirmed to give lectures at the Summer School, the continually broadening list of our invited speakers is also available on the website.