The biggest event of museums is the Night of Museums, which is organized again in Szeged as well. This year, different plays, concerts, new exhibitions and challenges await you.
The programs in different venues are as follows:
MÓRA FERENC MUSEUM (Stage before the museum)
18:30 – Folk dance exhibition – Dance Group of Szeged
19:30 – “The outcast planet” – Opening ceremony of Vilmos Aba-Novák’s (painter) memorial exhibition. Róbert Nátyi, art historian, introduces the gallery of REÖK and Kass Gallery.
20:00 – Hide and Seek – Sándor Weöres’s poems with music – Performers: István Csigér and István Trabalka
20:30 – Visual Exhibition Quiz – You can answer our questions by exploring all the exhibitions of our Museum.
21:00 – The monarchy’s fashion and survival until the present day – Performance of the fashion school in Szeged.
22:00 –The wonderful travels of the Little Prince – play Director: Ferenc Pataki, Choreographer: Flóra Zsadon
22:30 – The famous Hungarian “Szerelem az első vérig” film is 30 years old. Our guests are Beri Ary (Attila Berencsi), the protagonist and Péter Horváth, the screenplay writer.
23:00 – Midsummer’s Night fire jump by the Dance Group of Szeged
00:00 – Concert of the band Meszecsinka
– Papermaking exhibition
– Weaving and felting in the yurt of Ópusztaszer National Heritage Park
– Talentum Foundation: Playful exercises about being a volunteer
MÓRA FERENC MUSEUM
– Homecoming…1914-1918 – World War I. exhibition
– The Little Prince
– Master details – János Márffy’s, graphic’s, exhibition
There is a free guided tour on the exhibitions.
BLACK HOUSE (Somogyi street 13.)
– Sándor Weöres: The moving dictionary
– Frigyes Karinthy: Reckoning of my talent
– Interior: History of civil interior culture in Szeged
Guided tours are free in every exhibition.
YARD/GARDEN of MÓRA FERENC MUSEUM
21:00 – Hide and Seek - Sándor Weöres’s poems with music
21:30 – Concert of the band Hucklebery Guys
KASS GALERY (Vár street 7.)
– Kass and the music
– The outcast planet – Vilmos Aba-Novák’s exhibition.
– Free guided tour provided.
CASTLE MUSEUM (Sefánia)
Getting to know the archeology – Archaeological exhibitions and performances
Place of venue:
2000 HUF/family (two parents and maximum three children under 18)
Early-bird sale: (Cash registry of Móra Museum)
1800 HUF/family (two parents and maximum three children under 18)
The tickets are valid for all four Móra venues/museums.
REÖK (Tisza Lajos circuit 56)
Opening hours: 18:00-01:00
– Vilmos Aba-Novák’s exhibition – 400 HUF/person
– XXXVIII. Summer Exhibition – Free of charge
INTERACTIVE NATURAL SCIENCES LIBRARY (Boldogasszony circuit 5.)
17:30 - Dr. Elemér Szalma opens Dr. Zoltán Karancsi’s photo exhibition about landscape values
18:00-19:00 - Venues of World War used in tourism (Alps) lecture of Dr. Zoltán Karancsi
18:00-23:00 - Playful experiments in the biology exhibition
19:00-20:00 - Natural Sciences researches during the First World War – Lecture of Dr. Béla Viskolcz, Dr. Balázs Jójárt and Zoltánné Vass
18:00-23:00 - The nature’s physics – playful experiments (Dr. Katalin Soós and her students)
20:30-21:30 - “Bright Experiments”
22:00-23:00 - “Bright Experiments” in chemistry – (Lecture of Dr. Béla Viskolcz, Dr. Balázs Jójárt and Zoltánné Vass)
Adult: 350 HUF/person
Student: 250 HUF/person
SOMOGYI LIBRARY (Dóm square 1-4.)
18:00-22:00 – Children’s library: playful exercises connected to tales of light
18:00-24:00 – Exhibitions and guided tours:
– Sándor Makkai and Sándor Reményik were born 125 years ago
– The “Árpád a Testvériséghez” box is 145 years old
– Győző Csongor was born 100 years ago (guided tour at 20:00 and 22:00)
First floor: Press history curiosities
– The year of light – Light in art
– Elvis – 80 – Woody
– Literary works with stenography
– Hungarian American photography
– The life and death of Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
– The most talented light writers of Szeged
– Night book magic – Exhibition of book rarities (guided tours in every hour from 18:30)
– Blood Donation from 18-21:00
The entrance is free of charge.
BELVÁROSI CINEMA (Vaszy Viktor square 3.)
20 June, 20:00 – Journey round my Skull – 1970, Hungarian technicolor film from Frigyes Karinthy’s novel, directed by György Révész. Starring: Zoltán Latinovits, Éva Ruttkai, Mari Törőcsik
Ticket: 600 HUF/person
20 June, 16:30 – Chaplin: Gold rush – 1925, Hungarian mono silent movie – Written, starred and directed by Charlie Chaplin – Free of charge
21 June, 16:30 – “Szerelem első vérig” Hungarian film – 1985
ALBERT SZENTGYÖRGYI AGORA (Kálvária circuit 23)
Opening hours: 16-23:00
– Hungary’s first robot: “Ladybird of Szeged” – Dr. Dániel Muszka’s study in the IT History exhibition
– The wonders of optics – Interactive exhibition in the Informatorium
– Free games for children
18:00 – Light in the Egyptian Arts – slideshow, free of charge
21:00 – Family photo counting – ELI-SZTE-SZBK
Adult: 800 HUF/person
Student: 600 HUF/person
BOTANICAL GARDEN (Lövölde street 42.)
Opening hours: 20-24:00
– Adventure tour at night
Adult: 700 HUF/person
Student: 450 HUF/person
Kindergarten student: 300 HUF/person
Opening hours: 19-24:00
– “Our treasure, the Dóm of Szeged”
The Votive Church is opened for the public for free.