Requisition ID: 264075
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Student
Employment Type: Limited Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
Founded in 1972, SAP is the world´s leading provider of enterprise applications, analytics, and mobility with over 170,000 customers around the world. SAP is currently seeking an Intern for the Hungarian Sales team.
In this role you will support the day-to-day activities of the local sales team as a junior member (intern) in a very broad area of activities. It is a unique opportunity for those willing to learn and work hard to develop their skills and knowledge. You will be exposed to all the aspects of a sales organization’s operations.
- Learn to use an enterprise CRM system and administer deals according to global guidelines
- Support forecasting cadence and process
- Responsible for ad-hoc small opportunities and customers
- Deal with Account Executives, Solution Sales, Customer Representatives
- Orchestrate and be integral to the Virtual Account Team
- Support structured demand generation leveraging creativity and new ways of selling
Your activities will be supported by an experienced mentor(s) and will have a close working relationship with a number of sales colleagues. When joining the team, a development plan and work-schedule will be established for you however most of your learning will be on the job, performing actual tasks. You will be immediately expected to perform tasks independently after receiving some guidance. Hence if you think that you need detailed guidance before you can perform individually then this might not be the best position for you.
You will get regular feedback and will be expected to learn and develop quickly. You will also be expected to work effectively in a team environment and contribute to the team’s overall success.
What will you actually do in this position?
It will change day-to-day. You will definitely have daily work in SAP’s CRM system to administer deals and support the creation of customer quotations and support internal approval workflows. This task is administration heavy, but it will give you a deep insight into the workings of an enterprise B2B sales process.
On a weekly basis you will also support with the preparation for the country forecast meetings and calls and gain insight into how regional and global sales reporting looks like.
You will also join sales colleagues in customer visits and solution presentations and will develop to also contribute to these visits – as you will also take responsibility for follow up activities after such visits.
When you will have an overall understanding of our operation you will be also asked to help with the coordination of complex sales activities (i.e. organizing workshops with a wide variety of business areas).
You will have a dedicated small business segment (solution / industry) where you will be responsible to create and execute your own business development plan and create new opportunities for SAP. In this regard you will have the freedom to field-test your own ideas and get advice from your mentor.
Finally, you will also have ad-hoc, project type assignment to suite the needs of the local sales team (e.g. support the preparation of sales meetings etc.)
All-in-all your level of responsibility and the tasks assigned to you will heavily depend on your development progress. If you will develop quickly you will be trusted to run your own sales cycles with minimal supervision to let you gain experience in the sales role.
What’s in it for you?
- If you want to pursue a career in B2B sales and you understand that to build a career you will need to learn the basics first, then this is a good place to start. However we do expect hard work and excellent execution from you if you want to grow is this role.
- This is a real opportunity to learn and grow – you will be the part of a high performing B2B sales team in an enterprise environment at the world’s leading business application provider
- To build your own business network within the ecosystem of the world’s largest business application company
- 0 – 2 years’ experience
- True interest for sales, passion, hands-on mentality is more important than the actual work experienced gathered so far.
- Active student status (Bachelor or Masters)
- You must be able to work independently after receiving guidance
- Customer Focused
- Business Acumen
- Treating customers and colleagues with respect, fairness and consideration
- Setting Personal Objectives
- Self-Awareness (knowing yourself – your strengths & your weaknesses)
- Drive -The approach that brings intensity, pace, sharpness to the working life. The mindset to keep active & makes things happen
- Negotiation Skills
- Comfortable with the usage of office and CRM software
- Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks
- Directed in several aspects of their work
- More straightforward tasks are accomplished without assistance
- Provides administrative or technical support.
- Native Hungarian speaker
- At least upper intermediate English is a must and will be tested
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Intern, ERP, Business Development, SAP, Entry Level, Sales, Technology